Monday, December 14, 2015

Port Dickson - Memory Building

Star Q


I can't really recall the number of times I have come to Port Dickson for different courses and meetings held at the many resorts and three-star hotels that fringe the shore line of this quaint little town.  However the one I do remember distinctly would be the meetings and courses I had in Selesa Hotel.
 
For the past fifteen years or so, I have been attending examination meetings and short courses at this hotel for not less than ten times.  In fact, I have been going there so often that the hotel had changed to a new ownership.  The hotel which used to be called Regency Hotel, changed to Selesa Hotel somewhere along the years.

This time however, for this one particular course I attended recently, I, along with other course participants were not given hotels as accommodations; not even the usual three-star ones.  In fact this time we were required to put up at a hostel in a government premise which incidentally reminded me of that hostel in Bandar Tenggara.

I guess all of us expected the change because of the financial crisis experienced by the government.  Courses had to be conducted because information has to be disseminated, but due to the shortage of money or the withdrawal of funds, this course was held at this government premise.

Of course, being located in a government premise, I can't complain about the room; in fact I shouldn't.  Mind you I am not complaining, for I am just building memories.  I shouldn't complain about the small shared-room because I know it was only for sleeping after a 12-hour course per day.  I shouldn't complain about the food because they actually provided us with the necessary food groups.  I shouldn't complain about the poor internet reception even when most of us brought our own portable wi-fi.  I shouldn't!

But as with all courses that I attend, I look at the bright side of things, mostly because courses like this usually give me the opportunity to get to meet up with my old friends whom I have had the pleasure of making their acquaintances since early 2014; some even earlier than that.

Plus this small town is where I used to grow up; more materials for memory building!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...